This non-technical, one-day seminar affords students with a solid foundation for navigating the complex, ever-changing IT security industry.
If you're new to the IT security industry, or if you have limited experience working for just one security vendor, this is a unique opportunity for you to gain two years' worth of security industry experience in just one day!
This non-technical course is custom-designed for sales and marketing personnel employed by IT security vendors and service providers. In this live seminar, students will:
- • Learn 50+ new vocabulary terms
- • Understand how cyberthreats work
- • Identify five types of cyberthreat actors
- • Explore 30+ common security defenses
- • Learn about PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, and more
- • Gain tips for targeting security buyers
- • Compete for prizes in our Security Lingo game
- • Receive a glossary of security terms
This course is presented by Steve Piper, CEO of CyberEdge Group -- an award-winning marketing firm that services approximately one in every seven security vendors. Steve is a CISSP (we'll cover that in the course) and has authored more than a dozen books on IT security topics. Steve is a highly rated and entertaining instructor. He has an uncanny ability to simplify complex topics through real-world metaphors and humor.